In order to get the import option enabled on your account, you will need to speak with a member of our account management team. This is to discuss compliance and ensure that all the contacts you are importing are TCPA compliant.
Navigate to the Contacts Tab, then click “Imports / View Imports.” Within the drop-down, choose “Import Contacts.”
Within the pop-up you will need to:
- Choose a CSV (comma delimited) (*.csv) file from your computer
- Make sure it is in the correct format/column order
Column order: 10-digit mobile #, email, first name, last name, gender, birth date. No header is required. Any data you don’t have, leave the column blank.
Make sure the country code is added to the beginning of your 10-digit numbers.
- Choose the group you would like the contacts added to
- Then choose to update or just skip existing contacts
– (Ex. If you never imported email addresses, and you now want to update existing contacts with emails, choose to update. If you do not choose to update, existing contacts will be skipped.)
- Always be aware of the Note: at the bottom of the window before importing. This will indicate if your account is set up to send an opt-in confirmation, import confirmation, or if the contacts will be imported as active. An opt-in confirmation will require them to reply to opt-in and become an active contact.