Here at Mobiniti, we see a lot of text marketing campaigns succeed, and we see our fair share fail. We notice trends and commonalities among the most clicked on campaigns, and we’re here to let you know what some of the common threads are among the best text marketing campaigns. Do you want to send the best text marketing campaigns to your audience? I’m happy to offer you the best text marketing words you can use. Read on, adventurous text marketer!
It might only be October, but it’s time to prepare for Q4 and the biggest sales days of the year. You should begin curating and integrating the best phrases in text marketing into your campaigns this holiday season. Are you looking to generate urgency, drum up excitement, and drive sales? If so, here are some great examples of words you can sprinkle into your SMS marketing.
15 top-performing text marketing phrases
- New: Whether you’re touting a new product in your store, a new item on your menu, or a new release hitting the shelves, brand spanking new and shiny is universally exciting!
- Best: Good, better, best, everyone wants to know they’re getting a top of the line deal.
- Hottest: Much like #2 on our list, everyone wants to know what are the hottest items this season, and they’ll be interested to see what you’ve got to show them that’s the spiciest of the spicy!
- Now: Make sure your audience knows WHEN they should take advantage of something. It could be now, tomorrow, or this weekend. Put a ticking clock in their ear to generate urgency.
- Uh-oh: Uh-oh is a universal alert phrase that will get someone’s attention by calling out an oopsy or a booboo. You could follow it up with things like: We’ve got too much stock! You forgot something in your cart!
- Flash: Flash! Bam! Wow! This flashy term catches attention when describing a flash sale, or being there and gone quick as a flash.
- Don’t miss: This warning instructs people that if they don’t pay attention, they may miss something. No one wants to be left in the dark!
- % off: Give the people what they want – a bargain! Sales, discounts, coupons, and deals, everyone loves getting special treatment of some kind. A percent off is a perfect way to show that.
- What do you think? Make it conversational, ask a question, and show you care about your audience’s opinion. This phrase works really well when asking for a review or when a text response can be sent back.
- Priority: In the same vein as showing urgency and how important something is, make sure people know what to prioritize.
- Stunning: Look how impressive! Show them something super stunning with this glowing and awe-inspiring word.
- Free: Free is a universal term that gets everyone’s attention! Reward your audience with a free gift, free shipping, or some other freebie.
- Epic: This gargantuan word has gigantic appeal. What epic deals or discounts will you offer your audience?
- Important: Make sure they know that THIS. IS. IMPORTANT! They are sure to open your text if you make sure they know it’s important.
- Time is running out: Your audience won’t want to miss something simply because they were too slow. Drive them to act by telling them that the clock is ticking!
Start sending text marketing campaigns that get attention
Well, what did you think about our best practices in text marketing list? Leave us a comment! Lt us know if you have any words or phrases you have seen success using in your text marketing campaigns.
If you’re not currently a Mobiniti customer, there’s still time to change that! We offer no commitment, no credit card, and no monthly fee. You can sign up for our Pay As You Go plan and get 100 free SMS messages NOW. And remember: just keep texting, just keep texting.
Samantha Asencios is a Client Relationship Manager at Mobiniti. She’s a relentless problem solver who will stop at nothing to make sure our customer’s needs are met and that they always leave a conversation with her smiling. When she’s not helping clients at Mobiniti, she’s cheffin’ it up in the kitchen making great Peruvian food, chillin’ with her bunny Bello, or riding her electric scooter around town.