Yesterday, we published a post about Text Marketing Segmentation: Retail and e-commerce stores. Today, we continue our quest to develop use cases to get the most relevant messaging to the right people. How do we do that? By way of segmented text marketing. Grab a tasty treat and an iced coffee, because it’s about to get scrumptiously segmented.
Today we’ll be talking through some use cases of how people in the food service industry and grocery store business might use targeted text marketing and segment their lists into groups. Join us for a tasty journey as we digest a few delicious ideas for segmented text marketing, in relation to cafes, restaurants, and much more.
Let them eat cake, or whatever they want!
As we mentioned, you would probably segment your lists differently in the context of a company that sells food. Think of a supermarket, coffee shop, bar, or bakery. Here are some ideas for how food and drink-related businesses might use segmented text marketing.
- You can segment groups between different store locations if there are multiple locations. Example: A coffee shop with locations on 2 opposite ends of town created 2 separate groups for each location.
- Your subscribers have shopped or planned to shop at your store. Therefore, you should know or have some kind of idea of what they shop for. Segment your groups between popular food types, product types, and brands. Example: A grocery store created a Parents Text Club so parents can opt-in to receive deals related to baby-related items such as diapers and baby food.
- In your supermarket, you have subscribers who are gluten-free, vegetarian or have other special dietary needs. Make groups for all of them and similarly allow subscribers to opt-in to the groups they fit into. Example: A bakery created a special list just for their gluten-free customers to let them know when gluten-free bagels are being made weekly!
Age ain’t nothing but a number!
- Create a group just for 21 and up patrons and send them happy hour specials! Example: A local bar sends out weekly happy hour specials to their Bottoms Up VIP Text Club, which is age-gated and subscribers must be 21+ and sign up for.
- You can segment by age in relation to little ones too – but don’t ask kids to join a Text Club, ask their parents to join one instead! Example: A restaurant has a popular day time crowd of parents with small children, as well as a rowdier night time adult crowd. To incentivize parents and small children to come earlier in the day, they create a Text Club for parents with small children and message them about a special costumed character breakfast which is family-friendly.
For food marketing, don’t be afraid to still take risks even after all the segmented marketing texts. Once in awhile send a message to advertise a new product or new store location. You should even send updates from your blog, which Single Grain and many other outlets, agree that you should have for your storefront. Only once in a while should you send something different than a group’s normal content. Subscribers still want to see what they signed up to see.
We hope we gave you some creative ideas and clever concepts that you can use for your own text marketing campaigns! No one else understands segmented text marketing like Mobiniti. Make sure to sign up for 100 free messages right now!